ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 196

St Chads Church, Shrewsbury

St Chads Church, Shrewsbury occupies a prominent position in the county town of Shropshire. The current church building was built in 1792, and with its distinctive round shape and high tower it is a well-known landmark in the town. It faces The Q ...

Lauterbach (Rugen)

Lauterbach is a village in the borough of Putbus on the German Baltic Sea island of Rugen. The village has a population of about 500 and lies southeast of Putbus on the Bay of Greifswald. Lauterbach has a harbour and a connexion, via a branch lin ...

Brewster Homestead

The Brewster Homestead is a historic house at 306 Preston Road in Griswold, Connecticut. Built about 1740, it is one of the oldest surviving buildings in the town. The house was owned by six generations of the Brewster family, and originally was ...

Benjamin Bushnell Farm

The Benjamin Bushnell Farm is a historic farm property at 52 Ingham Hill Road in Essex, Connecticut. Developed around 1790, the property includes a well-preserved Federal period farmhouse, and a rare example of a 19th-century cranberry house. The ...

Calhoun–Ives Historic District

The Calhoun–Ives Historic District, or more formally the Calhoun Street–Ives Road Historic District, is a locally and nationally designated rural agricultural historic district in the town of Washington, Connecticut. It is located a mile north of ...

Flanders Historic District

The Flanders Historic District is a historic district that encompasses a small cluster of late-18th to early-19th century residential structures north of the center of Kent, Connecticut, which was the original heart of the community when it was f ...

Glastonbury–Rocky Hill Ferry Historic District

The Glastonbury-Rocky Hill Ferry Historic District is a historic district in Glastonbury and Rocky Hill, Connecticut, encompassing a landscape with more than 300 years of colonial and post-colonial history. It includes the ferry landings and wate ...

Haddam Center Historic District

The Haddam Center Historic District is a 267-acre historic district encompassing the institutional and residential center of the town of Haddam, Connecticut that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989 as a result of effort ...

Hadlyme North Historic District

The Hadlyme North Historic District is an 81-acre historic district located in the southwest corner of the town of East Haddam, Connecticut. It represents the historic core of the village of Hadlyme, which straddles the town line, and consists pr ...

Hotchkissville Historic District

The Hotchkissville Historic District is a historic district in the town of Hotchkissville, Connecticut adjacent to Woodbury, Connecticut that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. It encompasses most of the historic vill ...

Middletown Upper Houses Historic District

The Middletown Upper Houses Historic District, also known as the Upper Houses River Port, encompasses the historic early nucleus of Cromwell, Connecticut. Sandwiched between Main Street and the Connecticut River, this area was set off from neighb ...

North Cove Historic District

The North Cove Historic District encompasses a historic waterfront community on North Cove Road in Saybrook, Connecticut. Laid out in the 17th century, the area has housing stock mostly built between 1700 and 1855, a period in which it flourished ...

Parmelee House (Killingworth, Connecticut)

The Parmelee House is a historic house at 4 Beckwith Road in Killingworth, Connecticut. It was built about 1770 for a member of one of the areas founding families, and is architecturally important as an example of a farm outbuilding converted to ...

Round Hill Historic District

The Round Hill Historic District encompasses the village center of Round Hill, a formerly rural area in northwestern Greenwich, Connecticut. Centered on the junction of John Street and Round Hill Road, the district includes a church, cemetery, tw ...

Simsbury Center Historic District

The Simsbury Center Historic District is a 75-acre historic district located in the town center area of Simsbury, Connecticut. It encompasses seven blocks of Hopmeadow Street, as well as the cluster of commercial, civic, and residential buildings ...

Somers Historic District

The Somers Historic District encompasses the historic civic and social center of the town of Somers, Connecticut. It stretches along Main Street, with extensions along Springfield Road and Battle Street, and includes a significant number of verna ...

South Britain Historic District

The South Britain Historic District in Southbury, Connecticut, United States, is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. It represents the central portion of South Britain, an unincorporated villag ...

Suffield Historic District

The Suffield Historic District is a historic district encompassing the Main Street stretch of the town center of Suffield, Connecticut. The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 and is part of a larger local hist ...

Tariffville Historic District

The Tariffville Historic District is a 93 acres historic district in the town of Simsbury, Connecticut. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993. It is part of the Tariffville section of Simsbury. The district includes 16 ...

William Ward Jr. House

The William Ward Jr. House is a historic house at 137 Powder Hill Road in Middlefield, Connecticut. Built in 1742, it is the oldest surviving house in Middlefield. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.

Westbrook Town Center Historic District

The Westbrook Town Center Historic District encompasses the historic town center of Westbrook, Connecticut. Roughly linear in shape, the district extends along the Boston Post Road, with its focal center at the junction with Essex Road. The area ...

Wickham Road Historic District

The Wickham Road Historic District encompasses a well-preserved 18th-century rural streetscape in East Haddam, Connecticut. Included in the district are three houses built c.1735, c.1738, and c.1760, their outbuildings, remnants of another 18th-c ...

Capt. William Green House

The Capt. William Green House is a historic colonial house at 391 Vernon Street in Wakefield, Massachusetts. The main house, built about 1750 is attached to a rear ell estimated to date to 1680. It is one of Wakefields oldest surviving buildings. ...

Elm Street Historic District (Northampton, Massachusetts)

The Elm Street/Round Hill Historic District is a local historic district in the city of Northampton, Massachusetts. Established in 1994 along one mile of Elm Street it was expanded to include Round Hill Road in 2012. There are 139 buildings rangi ...

Hammond House (Newton, Massachusetts)

The Hammond House is an historic house located at 9 Old Orchard Road in the village of Chestnut Hill in Newton, Massachusetts. With an estimated construction date of 1700–1720, it is believed to be the oldest house in Newton. It is also a rare ex ...

Harrington House (Weston, Massachusetts)

The Harrington House is a historic First Period house at 555 Wellesley Street in Weston, Massachusetts, USA. With its oldest portion dating to about 1710, it is one of the towns oldest surviving buildings. It was listed on the National Register o ...

Henfield House

The Henfield House is a historic First Period house at 300 Main Street in Lynnfield, Massachusetts. The oldest portion of this 2.5 story saltbox colonial was built c. 1700; this consisted of the right side of the house and the central chimney. Th ...

Job Knapp House

It is a 1-1/2 story wood-framed structure, five bays wide, with a side gable gambrel roof, a central chimney, and wood shingle siding. It has a narrow wood plank door flanked by sidelight windows. The house was built circa 1728, making it one of ...

Readington Village Historic District

The Readington Village Historic District is a historic district located in Readington Village, an unincorporated community located within Readington Township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. The district was added to the National R ...

River Road Historic Rural District

The River Road Historic Rural District is a historic district located on the western side of the Millstone River along a six-mile segment of River Road / County Route 533 in Hillsborough and Montgomery Townships, Somerset County, New Jersey. It i ...

Stelton Baptist Church, Edison

The Stelton Baptist Church is in the Stelton section of Edison, New Jersey. It is the second oldest Baptist Church in New Jersey and the tenth oldest in the United States.

Henry Marchant Farm

The Henry Marchant Farm is an historic farm on South County Trail in rural western South Kingstown, Rhode Island. The main house of the farm is a 2-1/2 story wood frame structure, probably built by Joseph Babcock. Construction is traditionally da ...

Joseph Jeffrey House

The Joseph Jeffrey House is an historic house on Old Mill Road in Charlestown, Rhode Island. It is located on the east side of Old Mill Road, just south of Saw Mill Pond and Sawmill Brook, on a predominantly wooded 9.5-acre lot. The main house is ...

Shoreby Hill Historic District

The Shoreby Hill Historic District encompasses a major residential subdivision north of the central business district of Jamestown, Rhode Island. The 58-acre district was farmland until the late 19th century, and was laid out in two phases. The f ...

Southern Thames Historic District

The Southern Thames Historic District encompasses the commercial and residential area immediately to the south of the colonial center of Newport, Rhode Island. This area, covering about 135 acres, was developed both residentially and commercially ...

Cooper River Historic District

Cooper River Historic District is a national historic district located along the East and West Branches of the Cooper River near Moncks Corner, Berkeley County, South Carolina. It encompasses 32 contributing buildings, 77 contributing sites, 8 co ...

Eastville Historic District

Eastville Historic District is a national historic district located at Eastville, Northampton County, Virginia. The district encompasses 315 contributing buildings, 7 contributing sites, and 4 contributing structures in the county seat of Northam ...

Pilgrims Rest (Nokesville, Virginia)

Pilgrims Rest, also known as Belle Mont Grove and Mount Wesley, is a historic home and national historic district located near Nokesville, Prince William County, Virginia. It dates to the 18th century, and is a 2 1/2-story, three-bay, Tidewater s ...

Pinewoods (Lightfoot, Virginia)

Pinewoods, also known as Warburton House, is a historic home located near Lightfoot, James City County, Virginia. The house dates to the late-17th century, and is a 1 1/2-story, early Colonial brick dwelling. It has a gable roof with dormers and ...

Greenmont Historic District

Greenmont Historic District is a national historic district located at Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia. The district includes 409 contributing buildings, 4 contributing structures, and 2 contributing objects in a primarily residentia ...

York Hill

York Hill, near Shenandoah Junction, West Virginia is a historic property listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The original log portion of the house was built in the mid 1750s by Samuel Darke on a 360-acre tract conveyed by Thomas ...

San Jose de Gracia Church

The San Jose de Gracia Church, also known as Church of Santo Tomas Del Rio de Las Trampas, is a historic church on the main plaza of Las Trampas, New Mexico. Built between 1760 and 1776, it is one of the least-altered examples of a Spanish Coloni ...

Fort (Colombo)

Fort is the central business district of Colombo in Sri Lanka. It is the financial district of Colombo and the location of the Colombo Stock Exchange and the World Trade Centre of Colombo from which the CSE operates. It is also the location of th ...

Fort MacDowall

Fort MacDowall was located in Matale. It was a fortified outpost during the Kandyan Wars, named after Major General Hay MacDowall, the 6th Commander of British Troops in Ceylon. The fort was one of the few inland forts constructed by the British ...

Hanwella fort

Hanwella fort was located in Hanwella, Colombo, on the banks of the Kelani River. Hanwella, which means skin sands, was the site of an ancient ferry route across the river. Malwana fort was situated about 15 km on the other side of the Kelani Riv ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →